- Evidence brief on Bill 148 (Ontario’s new employment policy) submitted to the government Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, July 2017
- Dr. Kate Hayman speech notes (with references) from the $15 & Fairness Emergency Rally in response to Bill 47, October 2018
- The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) press release urges the Ontario government not to reinstate sick notes for short-term illnesses, November 2018
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA), submission to Bill 47, November 2018
- Wellesley Institute Report: Potential Health Equity Impacts of the Making Ontario Open for Business Act (Bill 47), November 2018
Evidence brief – Submission to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, July 2017
During the public hearings on Bill 148 in July 2017 and October 2017, several health providers presented to the government committee overseeing Bill 148 on the need for the strongest labour protections to promote health. The Decent Work and Health Network submitted the evidence brief below in support of Dr. Hasan Sheikh’s presentation on our behalf.